We wanted to pass word along about this great event coming up next Saturday:
Get ready for the gardening season! No matter what kind of gardener you are – just starting out, amateur or seasoned, backyard or market – come to Barre’s Old Labor Hall for a good ole seed swap on International Seed Swap Day – Saturday, January 26 from 11 am to 2 pm! This is a KID FRIENDLY event so bring those youngsters!
WHAT DO YOU DO AT A SEED SWAP? Bring your saved non-GMO seeds (in labeled packages; variety and year). They can be seeds you bought last year and didn’t use or seeds you saved from plants. Put your seeds on the table with their veggie, flower and other seed friends. Then, go and look for ones you like. Don’t be shy about taking what you want, but leave some for others!
WHAT IF YOU DON’T HAVE SEEDS TO SWAP? No worries – there will be enough for everyone! You can still come and find seeds to take home with you! High Mowing Seeds has also made a generous contribution of seeds to help out with the supply.
– Potluck Soup Lunch: Bring a hearty soup to share and your own bowls/spoons.
– FoodWorks veggie slaw demo and sampling
– Kids veggie craft table thanks to FoodWorks
– Mini Winter’s Farmer Market with produce and other items for sale by FoodWorks and other vendors
– Information tables on Barre Community Gardens, FoodWorks, Granite City Grocery and others
Generously sponsored by: Community National Bank. Hosts include: FoodWorks, Barre Community Gardens, Granite City Grocery, and Food Not Bombs. Want to help setup, organize seeds, and/or clean up? Contact Emily at email@example.com or call 802-279-7518.